DAB's mission as a financial institution is to adhere to the highest international standards to enhance price stability and create a sound financial system conducive to the stable development of the macro economy.
The main objective of the DAB is to maintain domestic price stability. Secondary goals include: promoting liquidity, improving solvency, and promoting the stable and efficient operation of the market to ensure a safe, sound and efficient national payment system.
1. Formulate and implement Afghanistan's financial policy
2. Formulate and implement monetary policy and the monetary system of Afghanistan
3. Hold and manage Afghanistan's official foreign exchange reserves
4. Printing, minting and issuing Afghan banknotes and coins.
5. License and supervise banks, foreign exchange dealers, money service providers, payment system operators, securities service providers and securities transfer system operators.
6. Establish and maintain a sound and efficient payment system, transferable securities issued by DAB or the country, and related clearing and settlement systems.
List of Authorized Electronic Money Institutions:
List of Authorized Banks: http://dab.gov.af/en/page/financial-supervision/licensed-financial-institutions/banks
Phone: 93 (20) 2104146
Email: [email protected]
Address: Da Afghanistan Bank, Ibni-Sina Watt. Kabul, Afghanistan