The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) was officially launched on January 1, 1999 and has the powers of investigation and enforcement.
Currently SECP authorizes the following functions:
1. Supervision of enterprises and capital markets
2. Regulate insurance companies
3. Supervision of non-bank financial companies and private pension plans
4. Regulate providers of external services to companies and the financial industry, including certified public accountants, credit rating agencies, company secretaries, brokers, prosecutors, etc.
Promote the development of enterprises and capital markets through perfect regulatory regulations, so as to better promote national economic development and promote social harmony.
Strictly abide by international legal standards and practices, establish a fair, open and efficient regulatory system, protect investors, mitigate systemic risks, and promote the prosperity and development of Pakistani enterprises and capital markets.
List of Regulatory Inquiries: https://www.secp.gov.pk/corporate-governance/listed-companies/
Appeal for rights
1. Online Complaint: http://servicedesk.secp.gov.pk/customersarea/mycomplaint.aspx
After selecting the complaint type at the bottom (complaint types include: brokerage, self-regulatory company, listed company, professional company, enterprise and compliance, insurance, electronic services, etc.)
Step 1: Fill in personal information and complaint content in the form
Step 2: Submit the form
Step 3: Wait for the generated complaint number.
2. Send the complaint email to the mailbox: Email: [email protected]
3. Select the Federal Investigator website http://www.fio.gov.pk/ to file a complaint, or call: 021-99207761-62
Address: NIC Building, 63 Jinnah Avenue,Blue Area, Islamabad-44000, Pakistan
Email: [email protected]